About the SPEDE System
Real-time Inventory Tracking and Traceability
What does "SPEDE" mean?
The name SPEDE (pronounced "speedy") is an acronym for Standard Platform for Electronic Data Entry.
The name refers to the suite of SPEDE software modules,which support a variety of wireless data collection devices to create a Real-time Information Platform enabling a manufacturing facility to:
- Control inventory real-time, at a granular level;
- Get real-time production and inventory visibility - 24/7;
- Automate material handling operations from Receiving to Shipping;
- Implement a common data collection platform that transacts with all Enterprise host systems.
The PC server-based SPEDE Modules are built on a 802.11 infrastructure. Using a thin-client design, the SPEDE Modules support a real-time network of RF and RFID data collection devices, and RF-enabled PLCs and weigh scales.
The SPEDE System can transact with any host ERP, EDI or release accounting system, using loosely coupled interfaces.
Download a Brochure: SPEDE Real-time Material Control System.
Customizable and Easily Scalable
- Tailored to Each Plant's Needs: The SPEDE software modules are readily configurable to meet a facillity's requirements, without major programming.
- Each solution can be customized to the individual facility's unique requirements - including software functionality and the mix of RF / RFID data collection devices, printers, PLC interfaces, etc.
- Easily Scalable: There's virtually no limit to the number of users and hardware devices that your SPEDE solution can support - and without impacting the real-time system performance.
- Complete Hardware / Software Solution: We implement each SPEDE solution as a complete system that includes Software, Wireless Hardware, Installation and Full Support Services.
View a Plant Diagram of SPEDE Functionality.
How Can SPEDE Benefit my Operations?
SPEDE gives Plant Management the real-time granular information they need to operate more efficiently and profitably, maintain optimal inventory levels, and ensure customer orders are accurate and shipped on-time.
1. Provides real-time Inventory, Production and Order Information, 24/7, for better decision-making
2. Automates labeling and material handling processes to reduce labor costs & eliminate errors
3. Creates Electronic Lot / Serial Traceability Records as a by-product of scanning transactions
4. Operates independently of Enterprise host systems to ensure 24/7 uptime
LEARN MORE. View a Plant Diagram of SPEDE Functionality.
Back to top