Real-time WIP Tracking, Reporting and Traceability
Track WIP Real-time by
Call for More Info
SPEDE Work-in-Process software is a real-time WiFi solution to Label, Track and Trace WIP inventory by individually serialized unit.
Using scanners and/or Wi-Fi-enabled weigh scales and PLCs, you can automatically record WIP location transfers and production totals, and eliminate the need for manual spreadsheets and data entry.
You can track WIP units at a granular level as they move through each step of processing. You'll have real-time production data at your fingertips 24/7 to better control scheduling and resources, reduce waste, and increase the efficiency of your plant operations.
SPEDE Work-in-Process is a PC server-based solution that connects to an 802.11 wireless network in your plant.
The SPEDE system transacts with any host ERP system, providing real-time data exchange and automatic host updates.
To Learn More, download:
SPEDE Plant Diagram of WIP functionality.
Diagram of WIP Traceability with Critical Tracking Events..
Real-time Production Data - 24/7
24/7 WIP Visibility
You can make smarter planning decisions, and ensure schedules are met and critical resources are available if you have current, accurate WIP information at a granular level.
But most ERP systems only provide day-old summary reports. SPEDE WIP Control maintains a real-time database of production totals and inventory transaction data that you can access 24/7.
So if you're running a mult-shift operation, you can see real-time:
- Production totals by Part, Work Order, Shift, Machine, Work Cell, etc.
- Warehoused WIP by Part, location, quantity, serial number, status, etc.
- Inter-Plant Transfers and Outsourced WIP units at a serialized level
- Serialized WIP units on "QC Hold"
Electronic WIP Traceability
As a by-product of scanning serialized WIP inventory transactions, SPEDE creates a history of backward / forward WIP traceability data that you can readily access if a QC issue occurs.
These scanned transactions, or "Critical Tracking Events", are stored in the SPEDE Event Database and can be analyzed using standard data mining tools. They are the "Who, What, When, Where, Which " details you'll need to:
- Pinpoint the start of a QC problem
- Identify specific Lots / Serial numbers of affected WIP units
- Analyze suspect WIP units by Part, Work Order, Machine, Run Date, Shift, etc.
- Trace Backward to Raw Material components, Lots, Serial numbers, Suppliers, etc.
- Trace Forward to Finished Goods Part Numbers, Lots, Serial numbers
Learn More. Download Traceability of Work-in-Process with Critical Tracking Events.
Highlights of SPEDE Work-in-Process:
- Prints serialized WIP tracking labels on-demand
- Tracks WIP at a granular level, by serialized unit
- Real-time WIP inquiries by Part, Location, Qty, Work Order, Production Date, S/N, etc.
- Optional WIP FIFO control
- Assigns QC Holds by Lot / S/N
- Automates Production Reporting via RF scanning, weigh scales or PLCs
- Verifies WIP Routing via scanning S/N
- Tracks Inter-Plant Transfers via scanning WIP serial numbers
- Updates host ERP system automatically
- Creates Lot / Serial Traceability history - from Raw Material into WIP
Back to top