This is a term used by Honda to define a process in which Finished Parts container labels are:
- Printed at the production line or in the work cell, using real-time data from the ERP system
- Printed on-demand, not batch-printed in advance
- Applied immediately as the containers are packed
Honda wants to eliminate the problem of receiving mis-labeled parts from its suppliers, but doesn't want to waste time or increase its labor cost to inspect every part it receives. Honda is encouraging its suppliers to adopt a Line-side Labeling process.
Labeling parts at line-side ensures that:
- label data is fresh
- Finished Parts are correctly identified
- pack count data on the label is correct
- the correct label is applied to the container
Any manufacturer can benefit from a Line-side Labeling process, not just Honda suppliers.
SPEDE Line-side Labeling solutions use a wireless TouchScreen or Push-button to automate label-creation, and eliminate errors in label set-up, selection and application.
Return to: Products/ Push-button Labeling page